You can report technical support issues either by e-mail or by using The Sound Guy forum on kvraudio.com.
Most reported problems have been a result of using SFX Machine RT with unsupported host versions. See our Requirements page for a list of supported host apps. Also see the Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to many of the more common questions.
Some known issues:
- There was a bug which would cause a crash when Applying the effect in Digital Performer. This has been fixed in Digital Performer 4.52. There is a 4.52 updater on the motu.com web site.
- The LT version included with Peak Pro 5 doesn't work on OS X 10.3.8 and earlier. Let us know if you're affected by this.
- Several users experienced problem with our 1.0 Windows release. These problems were fixed in version 1.01 or later. Therefore, we strongly recommend that PC owners download the latest version for Windows.
- There were some mouse event / serial number entry problems when using SFX Machine RT with Emagic Logic 5.4 or 5.5 on Mac OS X. These mouse event problems don't occur in Logic 5.5.1 or 6.x for Mac OS X, or in VST versions for Mac OS 8/9 or Windows. The Logic 5.5.1 update is now available from Emagic.
- There were reports of problems when using SFX Machine RT with BIAS Vbox, especially when clicking on text edit fields. The problem has been fixed in version 1.02 for OS X.
OS 9 users may want to work around the problem by using SFX Machine RT directly in Peak. This can be done by removing the Vbox plug-in from any applicable plug-ins folders, at least long enough to authorize the plug-in. Another alternative would be to use another VST app (even a demo or freeware app) for entering your serial number, and then return to using SFX Machine RT in Vbox (while avoid clicking in the text edit fields).
- There is a report of an incompatibility with DSound GT Player. We are looking into this.
- With Ableton Live 2.0.3 for Mac OS 9, the plug-in can't receive any keyboard input (because Live uses floating windows for the plug-in editor so users won't have to be bothered by window handling; therefore the plug-in editor never gets focus). This would prevent registration. A workaround would be to use another VST app (even a demo or freeware app) for entering your serial number; then you should be able to use SFX Machine RT in Live.
Version 3 of Live has a built-in workaround. You can open the plug-in editor window as a normal window by shift+clicking on the editor icon. Then you will be able to enter the registration code.
- Certain host programs intercept numeric key presses before they reach the plug-in, thus preventing registration. One work-around for this type of situation is to copy the serial number from the e-mail and paste it into the Description field of the plug-in.
- If you're unable to install the .img image on your Macintosh, it probably means you don't have a copy of Apple's Disk Copy program. Either download the Disk Copy utility, or download the version of SFX Machine RT for your OS.
- We have had reports of a problem manually loading saved SFX Machine RT presets in Emagic Logic 6.x for OS X. Emagic has been notified of this problem. Following is a workaround:
Find the folder called Plug-In Settings next to the Logic app file. Inside that folder, there are folders for each plug-in that has presets. If it does not already contain a folder called SFX Machine RT, make a folder with that exact name. Place your preset files inside that SFX Machine RT folder.
Now launch Logic and insert an instance of SFX Machine RT. Click on the little triangle menu button next to the Bypass button at the top of the SFX Machine RT plugin window. A list should pop up with your preset files at the bottom.
Choose one of your preset files from the menu list. It should load fine. (If, instead, you choose Load Setting from that triangle menu and then manually locate the preset file to load it, that will not work. This appears to happen with other non-Emagic plug-ins as well.)
- Highlighting and Playing a playlist item while SFX Machine LT is instantiated in the FIRST VST insert causes Peak to crash. We are looking into the problem.
There are two ways to work around this problem. The first is to instantiate SFX Machine LT in VBOX. The other is to instantiate SFX Machine LT into the second insert of the VST plug-ins.
- If you have trouble using SFX Machine RT in real time in Metro, this may be because SFX Machine wants both MIDI and audio. There are two options to solve this problem:
A. Update/upgrade to Metro 6.2.x where you can configure a plug like SFX on a track and then view both audio and MIDI on the same track, or
B. Place the plug-in on an aux buss and route audio to it via the mixer.
- It appears that Audio Unit plug-ins will not process audio in Melodyne 2.0 if Melodyne's audio hardware buffer size is set to a value larger than 1024; it must be set to 1024 or smaller. You can do that by going to Melodyne Preferences -> Hardware -> Buffer Size. Hopefully this will be changed in a future update of Melodyne.
- There can be authorization problems if you copied over all your PowerPC files to your Intel Mac machine (including a demo or full installation of SFX Machine Pro) and then installed SFX Machine Pro on the Intel machine. We have a fix for the problem; please contact us if you encounter this.
Please contact us if you encounter any problems. Information like OS version, host software versions, CPU type, RAM, motherboard, graphics card, etc. would be very helpful.
If you are testing in Mac OS X, it's good to know about crash logs. They are located in
(~ means your user home folder). If you experience any crashes, please look in there for the crash log for the host app that crashed and send us the log. It can be very helpful.
For other tech support issues, read the Read Me file and then contact us or report the problem on The Sound Guy forum. We make every effort to respond within 24 hours (and preferably sooner) unless we're on vacation or dead or something. (We're currently in good health and not planning any vacations.)
|Buy It Now||
|Download Demo|||||System Requirements|||||Tech Support|||||About Us|
SFX Machine home page